Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sibling Thrivalry

A particularly telling moment in Penny Seats play selection history last week.

Lauren and I tried to describe Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's The Velvet Sky (sadly, not up for consideration this year) to Jacqui, talking almost simultaneously. Jacqui pointed out that Lauren had become visibly distraught and freaked out...while I only got more excited. Oh well.

I mean, yeah, it's totally messed-up and disturbing. But SO GOOD.

You can probably guess, from that last post and this one, that the plays I've been looking at this year have been on the dark side (not to be confused with the Dark Side, or Tales From the Darkside). Might comment on this more when we've figured out our 2012 season.

(Photo: 826 Michigan's Five Bowls of Oatmeal fundraiser performance, November 2010. In this segment, Lauren is a unicorn and I am a psychotic woodpecker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment